Sunday, February 20, 2011

I pick another NAMA!


News from Zimbabwe is that last night, my latest book, Toriro and His Goats, won a NAMA award in the Children's Literature category.I am in Namibia at the moment and my wife, Edith and our daughter, Shasha stood in for me.Many thanks to my publisher, Sarudzai Chifamba Barnes of Lion Press in the UK, for such a wonderful children's book. The National Arts Merit Awards (NAMA)is Zimbabwe’s biggest arts awards event. This is my third NAMA award. I won alongside the Zimbabwe Women Writers (ZWW)in the Outstanding Fiction category in 2006 with Totanga Patsva,a short story book that i compiled and edited for ZWW (I love you, dear friends). I won again in 2009 in the Children's Literature category with Tudikidiki, a collection of short stories published by Priority Publishing who are based in Harare, Zimbabwe.This, my third NAMA, is dedicated to my family and many friends in the Zimbabwe writing fraternity. Imiwe-e, munendipasa manyemwe!

I must also congratulate a dear comrade, Mashingaidze Gomo, for winning in the Outstanding Fiction category with apparently his bebut novel, A Fine Madness, published by Ayebia Clarke in the UK. Zvinoda kutendwa, baba!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you Memory. Now the challenge is to have this wonderful book available to children in Zimbabwe. As your publisher i feel highly honoured to have published a great writer like you. i am now working with Culture Fund to have the book available in Zimbabwe. Anyone else interested in this book please order through amazon.com or www.thelionpressltd.org.

    makorokoto

    ReplyDelete